In 2002, the congregation became clear on its mission—"Light of Christ exists to Invite people into Christian community, Nurture them in a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ, so they can faithfully and joyfully Serve Him." With the first word in our Mission statement being "Invite" and the reality that our church facility was essentially filled to capacity on weekends as well as during the week, the Council believed we must do something to stay true to our mission.
After selecting a site that provided proximity to our current location, ease of access, and ample land for further expansion we began design work. Although the real estate market took a severe turn for the worse, we continued to pray and consider our options. Additional funding was raised, and in 2017 the congregation and Council voted to move forward.
We expect to break ground in the summer of 2018 and be ready for move in within 12-18 months. This new campus will allow Light of Christ to live out God's mission for us in new ways in this community. We look forward to these advantages:
- A strategic location along the new Longmeadow corridor
- Easy access through three connecting roads to handle daily minstry traffic
- Expanded worship and welcome space
- Fully secured entrances and access to the LOC Preschool
- More gathering space for current and new ministries
- Centralized office space
- Additional room for growth.